Whether you are sharing some wine with friends or celebrating the new year with your family, you need to know how to chill, open and serve a bottle of wine. My Wine Box Vietnam offers you some easy tips!
Let’s become a wine expert!
Before opening the wine:
- Sparkling wine (Champagne, Cava, Prosecco, Cremant, etc): put the bottle in fridge 1 hour before opening. 5-10°C
- White wine (Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Chardonnay, etc): put the bottle in the fridge 45 minutes before opening. 7-14°C
- Light red (Grenache, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel, Burgundy, etc): put the bottle in the fridge 30 minutes before opening. 12-17°C.
- Rich red (Bordeaux, Chianti, Merlot, Shiraz, etc): keep the bottle in a cool place. 17-21°C.Tips:
No time to chill your bottle?
– Wrap it in a wet towel and put it in the freezer for few minutes.
– Put some salt in the ice bucket, it will chill wine quickly!
Open the bottle:
- First, choose your weapon: the waiter’s friend, winged, lever, twist & pull or air pump corkscrew are way better than a shoe.
- Then, place a knife under the lip of the bottle and turn to remove foil. Position corkscrew in the center of the cork and twist clockwise. Lift handle until the cork is halfway out. Repeat using the second step in the corkscrew, pulling until the cork is almost out. Use your hand to pull the cork all the way out
- You can serve white wines just after opened the bottle. for red wines, open the bottle 4 to 1 hour before serving to allow it to breathe. If it does not look like it’s breathing give it mouth-to-mouth!//players.brightcove.net/507936866/default_default/index.html?videoId=1668487264